CYC has been taken over by the charmed world of Sabots!
With a record attendance of 22 Sabot Racers at the 2015 Lenson Senior Sabot Opening Day Regatta, Flag member Willem Van Waay decided to roll with the energy and get a weekly group racing. WOW! Has he done a great job. The goal was to create a fun and easy event for sailors of ANY level. Mission complete. With a handicap rating system, assigned to each sailor before we hit the water, we are able to get first-time racers on the water and beating multi-time and class world champions. It’s a great way to improve sailing skills and to get on the water, did we mention it’s FUN? We certainly have been feeling like kids again! Fun prizes go to the top 5 and others are passed out weekly including first capsize and the perpetual Bocca Bag for the biggest fish.
Want to get involved?
Come to Practice!
- Adult Sabot Lessons are offered every Tuesday 5:30 - 7:00 PM for $20 (RSVP with the Jr. Office).
- RSVP with the Junior Office (we only have 18 loner boats and have to beg to borrow, steal to get everyone on the water)
- Check-in to rig 5:15 - 5:40 for boat assignment and pay $15 to the Jr. Program Fundraiser
- Skippers meeting is at 5:40
- First race 6:00,right in front of CYC
Help with the Race Committee!
- Get out on the water, cheer of friends and family!
- We'll teach you how to score, run starts and get you set to maybe help
Loan or sell your Boats!
- Have a Sabot collecting dust? We're looking for boats. Our goal is to have 30 boats racing by August...we're close with 24 racing on Friday, June 19th but we're out of boats! Contact Jr. Office with boat information