The Coronado Yacht Club is located on Strand Way, in the middle of Pomona Avenue and Silver Strand Blvd.
We overlook the Glorietta Bay and are neighbors to the Hotel del Coronado, Glorietta Bay Marina, Coronado Tennis Center and the Coronado Golf Course. Our marina has direct access to the nearby San Diego Bay and the open waters of the Pacific Ocean.
Our historical Clubhouse was first put together in 1947, when two old WWII WAVE barracks were purchased from the Navy and floated over on a barge to be permanently lodged at the head of Glorietta Bay. Our year-round facilities features a main dining room, bar, galley, a meeting room, shower and laundry facilities, dry slips and temporary gravel spaces, an individual storage shed area and a Junior Clubhouse building.
The Coronado Yacht Club offers member enjoyment within three separate lawn areas.
- Our Waterfront Picnic area is a wonderful place for families and friends to enjoy a nice lunch or drink while enjoying the bay breeze. Members and guests may sit upon our provided picnic tables and under big umbrellas for shade.
- The Portside Patio area encompasses comfortable sectionals and fire pits under great sun shades, and has become quite an attraction with our members.
- The Starboard Deck area welcomes weary sailors and their families for casual entertainment after Beer Can Races, as it has done for many past generations. Our main BBQ pit has grilled up many dinners for these racers and they are accompanied by individual smaller BBQ grills which are located behind the Junior Clubhouse.
Our front patio is also a favorite within our visitors. You can enjoy your morning coffee or a lovely dinner, all while looking upon Glorietta Bay. Dogs are also welcome on the patio, as long as they are leashed and remain off of club furniture.
The following are general rules and regulations relating to the use of our Clubhouse and property:
- The Coronado Yacht Club clubhouse is a non-smoking facility in accordance with state law effective January 1, 1998. The front deck and all concrete areas adjacent to the clubhouse are non-smoking areas, to include any area within 20 feet of any clubhouse door.
- Members, their guests, and visiting yachtsmen are requested to dress appropriately when in the Clubhouse (sailing clothes are normally acceptable). Bathing suits and wet suits are never appropriate in the Clubhouse. Shoes are required. Gentlemen shall wear shirts in the Clubhouse.
- All pets shall be on a leash when on Club property. Pets are not allowed inside of the Clubhouse and shall not be “walked” on club property. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. Do not leave pets unattended on Club grounds.
- Skating, bicycle riding, roller-blading, and scooter-riding are not permitted on docks or on porch areas. Skates and roller-blades must be removed before entry into Clubhouse areas.